ASSISTANT AGRICULTURAL PRACTITIONERS
SALARY : A stipend of R7 000,00 per month
CENTRE : DALRRD PROVINCIAL SHARED SERVICES CENTRES (PSSCs)
- Have a minimum NQF level 6 qualification in agriculture.
- Be registered with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNASP) or any other relevant professional body or provide
proof of application to register.
- Be currently unemployed and available to work on a short-term contract
basis (3 months period).
- Be prepared to physically visit the farmers (farms or projects) within the
area where you are located and comply with the COVID-19 regulations
- Applicants are encouraged to apply within their home provinces/districts/
- Preference will be given to youth, women and people with disabilities.
- Assist in rendering general agricultural services to internal and
external clients to ensure sustainable development, which entails:
demonstration of farming methods, organising farmers’ days, conducting
information sessions, conducting farm visits, developing farm business
plans and providing clients with information concerning financial assistance, marketing and markets.
- Assist in providing technical support to all agricultural projects, food
security initiatives, and land development support programmes, including planning, facilitation of training and after care comprising:
identification and mobilisation of interest groups to form entities or institution; organising meetings to identify training needs and faciltate capacity building; reviving inactive projects and establishing and maintaining
- Assist in promoting a pluralistic approach and partnerships with relevant agricultural stakeholders and organised agriculture, including: gathering and analysing relevant information to assist with identifying
problem areas and prioritisation thereof; conducting planning meetings
and facilitating the establishment of co-operatives, farmer’s associations,
interest groups, etc.
- Assist in promotion of sustainable production of agricultural products through: identification of real and perceived needs; establishing of
structures to address the needs identified; providing inputs for the implementation of best practice, technologies and latest trends; supporting the
implementation of programmes; evaluating the success/effectiveness of
production systems and providing continuous support to farmers to ensure sustained production.
- Perform administrative and related functions, which include knowledge management and keeping relavant databases (such the farmer register) up to date; compiling monthly and quaterly reports; complying with
public service prescripts and safe keeping physical assets.
HOW TO APPLY
- Young unemployed agricultural graduates interested in a short-term contract (3 months) employment opportunity will have to express their interest by completing their information electronically as follows:
1.1 Use the internet and login to
https://arcg.is/yvK9 to apply.
1.2 Once you click on the link provided, you will be directed to the Sur-
vey 123 webpage.
1.3 In the page you will notice two options at the top, if you do not
have the Survey 123 Field App on your phone, go straight to the
bottom and click Get it on Google Play or if you are using an Apple
device, it will be Apple Store. The Play Store will be open and you
can install the App.
1.4 Then go back to the Survey 123 webpage that is open on your
phone. There will be two options at the top, the first is “open in
browser” and the second is “open in Survey 123 Field App”! Click on
the second option and the Survey 123 Field App will open.
1.5 Once the App opens, click!
1.6 Then on the next page where it asks for log in details, select the
choice at the bottom “Continue without signing in”! Then it will take
you straight to the form that you have to complete.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to attend interviews at a date and
time as determined by the department. All shortlisted candidates are expected to bring along a short CV and certified copies of ID and qualification certificates. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability
checks and the successful candidate will have to undergo full security vetting
Should the vetting results be negative, the contract will be terminated. The
successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract
and sign a performance agreement.
Province Name and surname Contacts Email
Free State Ms Zola Mokoena Tel.: 015 400 4200—Cell: 083 578 9093 firstname.lastname@example.org
Gauteng Ms Sibongile Mbatha Tel.:012 337 3654 Sibongile.Mbatha@dalrrd.gov.za
KwaZulu-Natal Mr Sibangani Manqele 033 264 9516 Sibangani.Manqele@dalrrd.gov.za
Limpopo Ms Boitumelo Mogadingoane 015 284 6305 Boitumelo.email@example.com
Mpumalanga Mr Asanda Mdala Tel.: 013 754 8043—Cell: 071 331 2743 firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Cape Ms Tshegohatso Oliphant 053 830 4056 Tshegohatso.Oliphant@dalrrd.gov.za
North West Mr Kabelo Sebitiele Tel.: (018) 388-7115—Cell: (071) 491-7724 email@example.com
Western Cape Mr Mpumzi Mafanya 021 409 0580 Mpumzi.Mafanya@dalrrd.gov.za
CLOSING DATE : 10 December 2021 at 16:00