Transport Education Training Authority
Freight Handling Chamber
Contract Administrator (Contract)
Package: Market Related
- KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Customer Relations
1.1 Provide support to internal and external stakeholders;
1.2 Attend to contract related queries from stakeholders;
1.3 Attend and participate in annual workshops targeting SDFs and relevant stakeholders;
1.4 Participate in provincial activities (career and industry exhibitions and job fairs).
- Contract administration
2.1 Conduct site verification visits;
2.2 Assess DG claims;
2.3 Prepare evaluation reports and requisition for payments;
2.4 Capture contract deliverables on QMS and Papertrail;
2.5 Capture learnership agreements on QMS and Papertrail;
2.6 Prepare addenda to contracts;
2.7 Maintain an up-to-date filing system of all documentation in support of DG claims;
2.8 Assist in generating DG contracts and related addenda as and when required;
2.9 Upload new contracts on QMS and Papertrail;
2.10 Provide inputs to DG report and Commitment schedule;
2.11 Communicate contract deviations.
- Finance and Chamber Administration
3.1 Record, prepare and submit payment requisitions/ claims for payment and provide proof of payments to
3.2 Upload claim documents on QMS and Papertrail;
3.3 Assist with the coordination of travel arrangements for the chamber and Chamber Committee members;
3.4 Ensure that subsistence, travel and Chamber Committee allowance claims are processed and submitted to
3.5 Provide personal assistance to the chamber Executive Officer timeously;
3.6 Assist with the arrangements and coordination’s of Chamber Committee meetings and minute-taking;
3.7 Arrange chamber meetings accordingly;
3.8 Keep an updated and accurate filing system of all chamber administrative documents;
3.9 Coordinate general procurement within the chamber in line with SCM processes;
3.10 Assist in addressing audit queries;
3.11 Assist in provide supporting documentation for DHET reporting;
3.12 Collate information for monthly reporting to the office of the Chief Operations Officer.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
2.1 Experience and qualification
• M+3 qualification in HRM/ETD or relevant tertiary qualification;
• Minimum of 3 years’ administrative experience, at least 1 year of which should be experience working with
contracts and financial aspects thereof;
• Experience in ETD/SETA environment will be an added advantage;
• Willingness to travel and work overtime;
• Have at least code 8 Drivers license.
2.2 Knowledge and skills
2.2.1 Knowledge and understanding of;
• The SETA environment;
• Contract and Project management;
• The Post School Education and Training environment;
• Education, Training and Development;
• The following legislations – Skills Development Act, Skills Development Levies Act, National Skills
Development Plan, Public Finance Management Act, Quality Council for Trades and Occupations Act,
Protection of Personal Information Act and South African Qualification Authority.
• Administration and project management skills;
• Good interpersonal skills (both written and verbal);
• Telephone etiquette skills;
• Computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Power Point.
Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements should apply by forwarding their detailed CV and cover
letter clearly indicating the name of the position to email@example.com. All applicants will be considered in
terms of TETA Employment Equity Plan, preference to Persons Living with Disability. It is the applicant’s
responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). The
closing date for applications is Tuesday 18 January 2022.
Should you not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.