Dis-Chem: Clinic Receptionist
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midlands Mall has an opportunity available for a Clinic Receptionist to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be
to attend to patients on the phone and in person. Coordinate and organize appointments and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the
clinic and support the delivery of quality patient care.
• Register patients according to established standards.
• Assists patients in completing necessary medical forms including medical insurances.
• Monitor and maintain the clinical equipment, stationery and medication required.
• Inform patients of clinic procedures and manages patient’s records.
• Open new patient files according to standard procedures.
• Ensure patient information is correct.
• Process medical aid payments.
• Move patients through appoints as scheduled.
• Obtain medical reports if required.
• Ensure the reception area is clean and maintained to safeguard the patient’s privacy and confidentiality.
• Answer all incoming calls within a reasonable time according to Dis-Chem standards.
• Use proper telephone etiquette when speaking with patients over the phone.
• Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
• Advice and assist patients regarding medical aid authorization procedures.
• Follow up with patients regarding any feedback requested.
• Grade 12 / Matric Certificate
Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to work under pressure
• Deadline driven
• Follow and give oral and written instructions
Special conditions of employment:
• South African citizen or valid work permit
• Dedicated work station – Sit at desk most of the day
• MIE, clear criminal and credit
How to Apply