The Agricultural Research Council (ARC) is a premier science institution that conducts research with partners,
develops human capital and foster innovation in support of the agricultural sector. It
provides diagnostic, laboratory, analytical, agricultural engineering services, post-harvest
technology development, agrochemical evaluation, consultation and advisory services, food
processing technology services as well as various surveys and training interventions. Through its
wider network of research institutes and experimental farms, the ARC provides a strong scientific base and
a broadly distributed technology transfer capacity to the entire agricultural industry in South Africa.
The ARC-Institute for Fruit, Vine and Wine (ARC-Infruitec-Nietvoorbij) seeks to appoint a highly skilled,
experienced and dynamic person to the following position at Stellenbosch:
Key Performance Areas:
• General cleaning (i.e., dust, sweep, polish, scrub, mop, clean windows and walls).
• Sanitizing bathrooms, kitchens, and other public areas.
• Ensure that equipment is cleaned, maintained, and stored correctly.
• Arrange refreshment utensils and equipment for meeting venues.
• Take accountability for safe keeping of cleaning material and utensils and equipment.
• Always keep in line with cleaning best practice and Health and Safety regulations.
• Grade 10.
• 2-3 years’ general office cleaning experience.
• Good attention to details.
• Ability to work independently and use initiative.
• Assist with relieving at reception or provide ad-hoc support/assistance.
Enquiries: Ms C Beyers, Tel: (021) 809 3301 or Mr P Jacobs, Tel: (021) 809 3393
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30 MAY 2022
A competitive remuneration package will be congruent with the scope, responsibilities and the stature of the position.
The appointment will be subject to a positive security clearance and preference will be given to South African citizens.
Applications accompanied by covering letter, detailed CV (Including certificates, supporting
documents, copy of driver’s license and nationality. NB: Non-RSA Citizens/work permit holders must attach certified
copies) as well as the names and particulars of three (3) traceable referees must be e-mail to Infruiteccv@arc.agric.za
SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who do not receive any response four (4) weeks after the closing date must regard their applications as
unsuccessful. The Agricultural Research Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles
and processes of Employment Equity. The company has the right not to appoint.